Three Times A Charm with Tracy Clark
Today on Three Times A Charm we welcome author, Tracy Clark. I love introducing my readers to the people who work in children’s publishing.
Tracy and I connected after she noticed I live in the same town as her best friend. Small world, huh? Glad you could join us, Tracy. Can you tell us a little about yourself, please?
I am allergic to bios. Just kidding. I’m actually allergic to some vinegars but that’s probably not what you’re interested in. I live in northern Nevada with my two teenage kids and on teenage cat. I love to read YA and I LOVE to write YA. I’m a private pilot who used to skydive but never at the same time. I also volunteer as RA for the Nevada chapter of the SCBWI. http://www.scbwi.org/
When I was young and my big sister and I had dishwashing duty, we’d wash a spoon first so we could take nips out of the vinegar decanter while we worked. I absolutely love vinegar. I’m very sad for you right now. Even if you’re like, “No really, it’s okay.”
You write young adult. Tell us about your books.
My debut novel, SCINTILLATE, is the first book in The Light Key Trilogy. Kirkus Review called it “…a powerful, heart-wrenching adventure.” It’s a paranormal romance but I like to think of it also as a metaphysical mystery dealing with auras and the energy between people. DEVIATE, book 2, releases 3/3/15.
Be on the lookout for an INSANELY COOL promotion for The Light Key Trilogy: #DV8TLC starting 11/22! The prizes are incredible! And for you folks who love to write fanfic, you are going to flip over the Grand Prize!
I recommend my book to readers who like:
LET THE SKY FALL – Shannon Messenger
THE INFERNAL DEVICES – Cassandra Claire
THE LUX SERIES – Jennifer Armentrout
DV8 ß I see what you did there. Clever! Okay, now it’s time for the threes. Please share with us your top 3 responses to the following:
- Top 3 pieces of advice for kids these days.
1. Be kind. To yourself, to others. Being kind can be a very brave act. The world needs your kindness and it starts with you.
2. One of the most important things you will ever do is find what truly fuels you—your passion. Try things, search, be open, and when you find the thing that “sparks” you, don’t let anyone tell you that you can’t do it.
3. Listening to yourself above the voices of others is one of the hardest things to do. DO IT. There’s an inner voice inside that knows the right answers for YOU, that knows YOUR truth. If you truly listen to it, it won’t steer you wrong.
- Top 3 personal mantras or inspirational phrases.
1. Feel the fear and do it anyway.
2. Sometimes, you’ve got to be yourself and you’ve got to be okay with no one else understanding.
3. “If you are always trying to be normal, you will never know how amazing YOU can be.” Maya Angelou
- Top 3 favorite personality traits that appeal to you.
2. Passion for life – Joie de vivre
Really great responses, Tracy, and can I just shake your hand for being the first to answer the personality trait question. I love that question and your answers are awesome!
Where can our tech savvy readers find out more about you, your books and this awesome giveaway?
Scintillate Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVCOK3fWLx8
Thanks for joining us on this week’s Three Times A Charm, Tracy! Best of luck to you and your books.